Question
Posted by: Nadene | 2010-01-29

HPV VIRUS

I have been referred to a gynae by my GP today as my pap test results show that I have this virus. How freaked out should I be? Can I pass it onto my boyfriend?

HPV is sexually transmitted but tends to affect women more than men. It can cause abnormalities in the cervix or vaginal warts.

1
Posted by: kirsteyn | 2010-02-01

Hey there, don' t worry doll, I have the HPV 16 virus and had to have the " cones"  removed from my cervix November last year.

Your boyfriend won' t get the virus but it is a sexually transmitted virus (not necesarily partner swopping, but more from sharing someones towels or even from putting his penis is other places and then inserting it into you again)

Recovery was quite quick and my husband and I are going to start trying for our second child again with a clean bill of health, so don' t stress, you' ll be fine!

Good luck!

Reply to kirsteyn