Question
Posted by: Very concerned | 2009/12/02

HPV Treatment

My fiancè  &  I both suspect we have the HPV virus, his is very visible with warts on his genitals and his anus. I do not have any that are really visible and have had no problems. I went for my gynae check up and also did a whole bunch of STD tests, but nothing was picked up. I need help as to where my fiancè  and I can go in the Cape Town area to get tested &  treated. As this is a very personal matter for both of us, we would appreciate any helpful information.

ANy gynaecologist will be able to help you. If your pap smear was normal, then you do not have HPV at this stage. Your boyfriend should see a urologist or his GP.

3

Posted by: Tina | 2009/12/03

I went for a Lletz procedure in 2007 to try and remove the HPV cells.
The pap smear only shows an ' abnormality' . The proper test is called Cervical sifting.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: T | 2009/12/02

Your gynae can pick up HPV on a pap smear. You could go to a normal GP for a blood test that should be able to pick up HPV for your fiance. Unfortunately, there is no treatment for HPV. If there is visible warts, you could have them treated / removed, but for the virus itself, there is no treatment. Sorry. I also suffer from it, but no visible warts, and my gynae and GP says there is no treatment or cure.

Reply to T