Question
Posted by: Wondering 2 | 2009-03-25

HPV (refer to post 1772)

You didn' t really answer all the questions in the post(1772), such as whether it is possible for the HP Virus to actually be ousted from one' s body by the immune system...? If your current partner (fiance) was a virgin that only became sexually active WITH YOU and you had the virus (warts) years ago and you know you cannot be reinfected by HIM, can you have safe unprotected sex? Or is there absolutely no chance that the virus can be destroyed by one' s immune system? My fiance and I are longing to have unprotected sex and foreplay but never have due to the fact that I had warts years ago. If there' s a chance that I don' t have the virus any more, I' ll go for tests to make sure and we can have our wish... Please give me some clarity, advice...!

Thank you so much :-)

Dear Wondering 2
There is no blood test available to check your HPV status. HPV usually goes away on its own in people with normal immunity, without causing futher health problems. If you don't have any visible warts, and haven't had for a while, your body probably already got rid of the virus. (There are no guarantees...)