Posted by: Micky | 2013-02-13

hpv - Life Insurance

Diagnosed with HPV in my late 20''s after I go married &  before I had my child, live in JHB.I couldn''t believe this was happening &  didn''t understand exactly what it meant &  left it. I am 42 now, go 1 a year for check up''s etc. Still married to the same person &  we have been together for 17 yrs. I have just changed my life insurance &  didn''t think to say anything about it until my Gynae said I had to, but a year later am petrified to tell them as I am worried that I won''t be covered. What do I do?Will they cover me?What are the implications &  does having HPV mean I have cancer?

I can't see that you would not get life cover. HPV of certain types means that you may be at higher risk for getting cervical cancer and that you should therefore have regular pap smears. It does not mean that you have cancer.