Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2008/08/18

HPV immunisation

Is HPV immunisation available for men as well as for women? The media focuses on females but I would really like to know if men can benefit as well- referring to warts espeacially...

Most men do not have symptoms from HPV. It is recommended for women as a way of decreasing cervical cancer. The important thing is that it should be given before the commencement of sexual activity.

1
Posted by: Concerned (again) | 2008/08/21

So, if I understand correctly, you are saying that besides for the HPV strains connected with cervical cancer, most men also won' t develop warts due to the specific wart-causing HPV strains?

Reply to Concerned (again)