Question
Posted by: Nikita | 2008/08/18

HPV can it spread to other areas?

I recently went to the Gynie and while there showed her two tiny bumps I had on my pubic bone, my worst fears were confirmed as she said I had HPV (no testing was done), since then besides being unbeliably embaressed I have not really known how to treat them. MyGynie said since they are so small it was not worth it to burn them off.

She told me I probely had it for ages as I have been married for a year and I told my husband (thankfully he was concerned and also not judgmental about it) and he displys no symptoms what so ever.

Recently I have been ill on and off with cold and flue and yesterday my lip began to feel odd. This morning I have woken up with a sore on my lip (I have never had a cold sore before) Neither does my husband!!! Is it possible that this is another case of HPV and how can I treat it!!! Its incredibly embarressing and the thought that it could be a " wart"  is sickening!!

Thanks you

Cold sores are due to herpes, not HPV. It is also usually a differnt virus to the one which causes genital herpes.

1
Posted by: T | 2008/08/18

Hi there. I doubt that it is a wart. It is most probably a cold sore. Even though you have never had one does not mean that you can never get one!
Go to the pharmacy and get an ointment for cold sores and see what happens. I also have HPV, and have displayed no other symptoms anywhere else.

Good luck!

Reply to T