Question
Posted by: scared | 2008/09/01

HPV &  Normal birth

had HPV genital warts during my pregnancy and the warts were removed by icing them,
i had a normal birth and i am scared that my daughter can develop them,
please tell me that she is safe from them. i wont be able to forgive myself if that happens to her,

she is 2 years now, can she somehow have them in future?

Although genital HPV types are sometimes transmitted from mother to child during birth, the appearance of genital HPV-related diseases in newborns is rare. Perinatal transmission of HPV types 6 and 11 can result in the development of juvenile-onset recurrent respiratory papillomatosis, but this is very rare.