Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2011/05/25

HPV

My niece she''s 17yrs had a papsmear and they found she have HPV, she already in relation did her boyfriend also have HPV? is she already have the cervic cancer? She''s on medication and Doctor told her that it will go away in 1 to 2 years.Can you please advise what she need to do.Thanks

HPV means a higher risk for cervical cancer but not that she has cancer now. It is likely that her boyfriend has HPV too. She should have regular pap smears and practice safe sex.

3
Posted by: Lin | 2011/06/14

Can you donate blood when diagnosed with HPV ??

Reply to Lin

Posted by: me | 2011/05/26

Hi, there is nothing she can do about it now. If her current boyfriend has been her first and only, then the chances are 100% that he gave it to her. She might or might not get cervical cancer in the future. But she needs now to go for regular papsmears to catch the cancer early. ps. the gynae told her that it would go away in 1 - 2years. The Dr only meant the symptoms will go away, because HPV stays in your body until the day that you die.

Reply to me