Question
Posted by: sylvia | 2010/11/09

HPV

I went to do a papsmear early this year &  they discovered abnormal cells which might be HPV so the nurse told me to do another pap smear which is scheduled for Thursday,now another problem is that every once in a while i develop a small thing that looks like a pimple on my genital area and it changes spots it doesnt appear in the same place,i asked the nurse if it a sign of HPV or herpes,she told me that HPV does not sure signs but in order to detect if its herpes i should do a RPR test which i''ll also do on Thursday.How true is this and what causes the small pimple on my genitals and how can i treat it.

If the pimple is in the hairy area, it is most likely an infected hair follicle. It is true that HPV does not present with pimples in the genital area.

1