Question
Posted by: Serious | 2010/11/05

HPV

Hi Doc,
I am a gay man and want to know the truth about HPV. Now know that mens and woman can get anal cancer due to HPV. Woman now have the HPV innoculation and a friend of mine who had servical cancer, told me that her Dr said that her husband shouldn''t worry, as ''the cells in the vagina/servics is different from those in the anus and penis''. What carp??
Can men also go for the HPV innoculation? Secondly, I was told that one can get HPV even with a condom, as the virus resides in the whole groin area, and you can get it from simply touching bodies?

Please help us out here. I do not sleep around and only have sex when I am in a relationship, and then it is always with a condom anyway, but Im really worried if one can get HPV so easily?

Many thanks,
S

The HPV vaccine is in terms of preventing cervical cancer. As a specific vaccine targeted to a specific area, it cannot be applied to men.

please see the following url. additionally, a google search and subsequent visit to a doctor may provide additional support:
http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/hpv-virus-men

3
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/11/06

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Gary | 2010/11/05

Joe, you are the stupid A$$HOLE here. Your hatred towards others will come back to you some day, remember that. Karma is a b*tch...

Reply to Gary
Posted by: joe | 2010/11/05

See how bad been gay is?? you get all these bad infections.
Im sure you can get treatment, visit your local vet.

Reply to joe