Question
Posted by: bobi | 2010-08-21

HPV

i assume i have the hpv virus given my husb has 2x had warts removed from his genitals in the 12 yrs ive know him. I
have had no symptoms except in my 1st preg where i had 1 wart looking thing on my vagina. Second preg nothing. I also has a letzcone biopsy b4 the first preg with CIN 3 lesions successfully removed and all pap smears since this incident 9 yrs ago are all clear. I have a pap yearly. My question is i am now divorced and about to enter a new relationship. We have both tested negative for HIV but i worry that if i indeed still carry the hpv i will give it to new partner who might also develpp warts like my husb and then he will think i am unclean... how do i prevent this as we both committed to not using condoms and are both happy to be HIV negative and will test every 6 months and have promised to be faithful to each other... i am scared of the HPV!!! i als o think that if i dont have it any longer and perhaps he does that now i will again be at risk for cervical cancer... i was never tested for the HPV i just assume i gave it to husband... can i ask my gynae to test and make sure?

If you have HPV, it hould be detected on the pap smear. It is possible that you could give it to a new partner. Mostly men have fewer symptoms than women. You can ask your gynae to do a specific test for HPV on your pap smear.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-08-23