Question

HPV

Hellow doctor,
My partner was diagnosed with HPV and I m seven months pregnant, I dont have any symptoms and according my scans and blood test, everything is fine. I would like to ask whether ths virus can be passed on to my baby? Is there any permanent treatments? My boyfriend was told that he is going through burning treatment, is this permanent treatment?

If you have no symptoms, it is unlikely to be a problem for the baby. It would be a good idea to use condoms till this is sorted out. HPV virus remains in the body, but the symptoms, such as warts, can be treated.