Posted by: lonely | 2008-11-14

I started getting little bumps on the inside of my vagina and went to the gynae. He told me it looked like genital warts. I was very upset and my bf at the time then confessed he knew he had it but never bothered to mention it to me. I have since broken up with him but now find it hard to even date people anymore. I have been out with a few guys since but every time I feel like we are close to being intimate, I break it off. I even told one of them that I had it and he just avoided me after that. I am really struggling with this because I feel like I have a disease and can never have a normal relationship again and am destined to be single for the rest of my life. I don' t know what to do. Am I highly contagious? Are there cases where it goes away? I have used the cream and have no visible signs but I know it' s still there.

The warts will go away, but the virus remains. The majority of men do not have symptoms even if they have the virus, so you are not putting them at major risk.

Posted by: EX HPV | 2008-11-14

Dear Lonely

This isn' t a life sentence girl and you need to change your attitude to this. Life does go on and trust has to be rebuilt, but it starts with YOU. Yes your boyfriend had genital warts and yes you got it, but if your' e going for regular pap smears you should be 100% in no time.

Try not to see this as the end, but rather be greatful you' re able to start a new beginning. Dont forget to look after yourself physically and get advice from a GP or gynae if you must to ease your mind, many many people come across HPV and like myself you get over it. I too was in the same situation as yourself with a boyfriend but at the end of the day you need to be at peace with you.

Good luck and maybe its time you picked up the phone and made a pap smear appointment.

Reply to EX HPV