Question
Posted by: Coco | 2012/04/05

HPV 16

Hi there,

I just wanted to find out from you I have HPV type 16 can i pass this on to other woman? Aned if I can how does it get passed on from woman to woman? I am a lesbian in a relationship, and I am really worried about this.

Thanks!

The human papillomavirus (HPV) can be transmitted though lesbian sexual activity. The virus is transmitted through sexual skin-to-skin contact with an infected person. No penile penetration is needed to contract the virus. Lesbians can contract the virus from an infected partner through:

genital to genital contact
touching the genitals of a partner and then your own
sharing sex toys without first disinfecting

1

genital to genital contact