Question
Posted by: Really | 2010/01/07

How was India

Compliments CS,

I have been missing the forum, work, holidays. I think the last time I ready, CS you were going to India, so did I miss the feed back, what' s the post number.... I could check it. Anyway, how was India.......?

Hello R,
India was, of course, fascinating, with so many admirable people at every level - working hard and apparently pleased to do so. Got a suit made - chose from a wonderful selection of clothes and got measured at 11 am, they came to the hotel for first fitting by ebening, and had 2 suits ready and delivered to hotel by the next morning - cheaper than any off-the-peg suit here in SA. Similarly, got a new pair of glasses, not only a fraction of the price here, but elivered to my hotel within hours of having my eyes re-tested. Good Business-men !
Except for ludicrous customs making everyone take hours to LEAVE India at Mumbai airport, which should be avoided where possible. SPlendid food, though my bowels did long for a break from curry, however splendid - even for breakfast ! Didn't enjoy buffalo milk or goat.
Though I might escape those darn Christmas carols the supermarkets here drone at us from October, but no luck. In Auramgamad, rushin back to the hotel, had to choose between a couple of camels and a taxi. Got into the taxi and - Jingle Bells. Found a great Chinese restaurant in Bangalore, but Silent Night. There is truly no escape.

2
Posted by: Really | 2010/01/07

Wow... sounds like you had great fun..... never mind the curry.... so we are here again.... the beginning of a brand new year......jip... here we go again.

Reply to Really

Hello R,