Question
Posted by: bridget | 2010/09/04

how to use clomid

doctor please help , i was tald that am not ovulating at all and was tald that i''ll have to buy clomid. one of my friends gave me her 100mg clomid tablets but i''d like to know how and when can i take it?

Dear Bridget

Drugs such as Clomiphene Citrate has side effects, which need to be monitored if given or prescribed to patients. It should not be taken without a proper examination being done on you and in addition should be given under the guidance of the examining doctor. To avoid the use of complications of these drugs I would strongly advise you to first visit either your general practitioner or gynaecologist so he can see if this drug would be suitable for you and what dose would be appropriate and should monitor for any potential side-effects.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/09/08

Dear Bridget

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert
Posted by: CLare | 2010/09/04

Hi Bridget, Unfortunately its not that easy... You shoudl get a script for clomid from your dr starting with a small dose ie 50mg. The norm is to take clomid days 5 - 9 of your cycle. On day 21 you go for a progesterone test so that your dr can check if you have ovulated on clomid, if not then he will up to clomid to 100mg. The same test will follow until you get to a dosage which you ovulate on. 80% of woman on clomid ovulate after the first treatment. WHilst you are trying to conceive it is also good to take folic acid every day and maintain a healthy diet with plenty of water. On clomid you can experience hotflushes, headaches, painful ovaries (when you ovulate) etc. As far as i know drs usually dont prescibe clomid unless they have tested your spouse. Good Luck...

Reply to CLare