Posted by: Amsie | 2011-06-29

How to tell when a baby kicks?

Hi Doc and your Panel
This might sound boring or crazy to others, as a fisrt time mom-to-be i don''t know how to tell when a baby kicks or punches ..pls help me as i am looking forward to that ..i''m 19weeks pregnant this week

I hope that the other respondents have helped.

Posted by: Ama | 2011-06-30

Thanks ladies

Reply to Ama
Posted by: SR | 2011-06-30

I felt the movement for the first time at 20 weeks - and you will know when it has happened!!! I had a VERY active baby (he is still very active at 1) and he hiccuped a lot too. It is the most awesome experience (untill there is very little room and then it is a little uncomfy) but you should be feeling it soon - Enjoy!!

Reply to SR
Posted by: Jane | 2011-06-29

I felt my first movements at 16 weeks. I am expecting my second one. It feels like a bubble inside your tummy, sometimes you mistake it for gas, espesially since this is your first pregnancy. As your pregnancy progresses, so will this bubble feeling become more frequent, eventually, you will feel kicks and the baby turning... Just be patient. The movements become much more easier to feel from 20 weeks. Feeling movement depends on a lot of factors, including your weight and the strength of your stomach muscles. I am now 22 weeks and my baby moves like anything, with my first pregnancy, I really had a quiet baby that only moved in the evening - I did feel her hiccup on occasion hehe Enjoy it and don''t worry too much...

Reply to Jane