Posted by: storm | 2009-03-17

how to take nordette

hi doc,

i was on triphasil for 3 months i was expriencing break thru bleeding on triphasil last week monday i started taking anti biotic because i had a breast abcess the anti biotic is called sandoz flucloxacillin 25 i had heavy break thru bleeding while taking this anti biotic but it didnt seem like my period i completed the anti biotic on saturday

my doc has changed my pill from triphasil to nordette my question is do i wait for my period and then start taking the 1st active pill on the first day on my period or do i wait for my period to be over and then start taking the 1st active pill. i dont know wer to start coz all the pills are the same colour not like triphasil

do you think this pill will help with the break thru bleed coz its really annoying

i also have not received my period yet but i am still having a slight bleed like break thru bleeding and i do have the period pains like my period is abt to start but my period is usually heavy so thats how i know this is not my period its just break thru bleeding

preganacy is not an option as we used a condom

please doc im confused as to how to use the nordette please advise urgently

many thanx

Dear Storm
If you wait for your period, you can start with the INactive pills on the 1st day of your period, and then just continue. Remember to use the condom still for the first month you are on the Nordette.