Question
Posted by: Bongi | 2012/04/24

How to strike a balance

Hi Doc,

My weight goal was 60kg (I am 1.64m tall), which I reached in March. I still do things as I did - eat a balanced diet (just the normal food pyramid), and gym about 4 or 5 times a week. But now I am still losing weight. I hit 57kg this week. I don''t want to be too skinny, I really like being 60kg. I am afraid of eating more and gaining the weight back - how can I strike the balance without relapsing.

Dear Bongi
Seeing that your present BMI = 21,2, I agree that you should not lose more weight. You will have to start eating slightly larger portions of the foods you include in your diet and stick to only doing 4 gym sessions per week, otherwise you could just slip into the problem area of anorexia and that is not what you set out to do.

1

Dear Bongi