Question
Posted by: Nomsa Maseko | 2010/09/20

How to stop taking seroquel XR

How do ki stop seroquel XR. I dont want to take it anymore and it has taken away the quality of my life. I have tried to call my doctor several times and its not helping as i dont have anymore repeats for my med and its been two days without taking any medication. I cannot sleep and my body is feeling funny. Please help!!

It is the duty of the doctor who prexcribes such drugs, to discuss with you all likely side-effects and how to eventually come off the drug. It can be more complex with any "XR" or similar format of a medicine, which is specially created to be slow-release / extended release. Generally, though, such slow release products let the blood levels come down slowly without much problem ; and Seroquel is also not known for serious problems when one stops it - but with any such med, it is unwise to stop it without first seeing the doc for an asessment and a discussion as to whether this is a wise time to stop the med or whether it might still be needed.

1