Question
Posted by: Pedro Rodrigues | 2012/03/22

How to stop

I have been smopking now for 18 years and I have trie dverything to stop and nothing seems ot work. I am sure that this a commonly sung song, but nothing is helping. I have tried cold turkey, but then snuck back onto the train, I have truied Zyban, didn''t help.
I ma so eager to stop and I my wife urges me to and really helps to minimise the stress and pressure so I may find it easier to quit, but I still find myself smoking.

How do you stop smoking?????????

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Hi Pedro. Firstly, don't give up on trying to stop. Many successful quitters stopped and re-started several times before they succeeded. I don't know if you've tried nicotine replacement therapies (like the patch and gum); also speak to your doctor about trying Champix. Giving up successfully is often a 'multi-pronged' approach for many people: they need more than one method. Set your environment up for success so that you don't just try to quit with nothing to replace the habit: think of pleasurable activities to do instead of smoking, and identify and avoid circumstances (and people) that encourage you to smoke. See the Stop Smoking Centre for tips and info: http://www.health24.com/medical/Condition_centres/777-792-1952.asp

4
Posted by: Marienne | 2012/04/03

Pse don''t use Champix w/out consulting your doctor. I tried and experienced deep deoression - check on Internet too.

Reply to Marienne
Posted by: Gugu Msimang | 2012/04/03

34yrs female, been trying to quit smoking for more than 3 times but still failing. want to quit for the sake of my babe and my health status.

Reply to Gugu Msimang
Posted by: Petro Botha | 2012/03/31

ek sukkel self om op te hou my longe is seer en in die middel van m bors het ek n brand pyn. Dink u dit kan van die rook wees?

Reply to Petro Botha
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/03/26

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice