Question
Posted by: TC | 2008/08/27

How to start

I have decided to do something with my weight , but do not even know were to begin to get the correct eating plan or anything. I suffer from PND and is currently using anti-depressants (no help there with weight loss). I have joined a dance group, meeting 2 times a week for 1 hour. I do not have more time to excercise at all as I do work full time as well and has no maid at home. There are so many weight loss options and everybody seems to prommis you weight loss, but were do I find the correct one for me. What is your feeling about homeopaths as well?

TC

Dear TC
Well done that you have decided to do something positive about your weight. That's the first step. Then you have joined the dance group which will ensure that you get at least 2 hours of exercise a week - another positive step. Now all you need is to add a balanced, low-fat, high-fibre, energy-reduced diet to your regimen and you will be on your way. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet. I am personally not acquainted with homeopathic remedies, but the basic rule for weightloss is: Reduce your energy intake and increase your energy output. I would like you to think up ways of getting a bit more exercise (experts recommend at least 30 min a day, thus 3,5 hors per week). For example practising your dance steps when you get a chance or skipping (this is an inexpensive exercise which you can do at home by increasing how fast and long you skip as you get fitter).