Posted by: Casey | 2009-02-09

How to skip a period while on the pill

Is it true that if you continue with your pill (skipping the red ones being the blank pills) you can prolong your period to a week later. So if my period starts next week and i carry on taking my yellow tablets and not my red ones(blank pills) my period will not come? and it will only come the week after when i start my red blank pills?

Thanks for your help

You skip the red pills and carry on with the active pills in the next pack. Your period will come 3 weeks later when you get to the next set of red pills.

Posted by: Anne | 2009-02-09

Some women never take the placebo/blank pills and thus never have a period. They just contine with the hormone pills. So yes it can be done.

Reply to Anne