Question
Posted by: BIPOLAR | 2009-11-02

How to relate!

Dammit! I' m such a self-absorbed cow! And inconsiderate. I feel like I' m letting everyone in my life down and I' m NOT meaning to.....!!!!!
I' m Bipolar. I' m so confused and I feel so tired and I' ve had enough. I' m trying to handle everything and I' m failing! Dismally.
I try to think of other people and their feelings and after something happens only then do I realise what my behaviour / actions / comments have done to the people around me.
I' m so sorry. I' m not coping, I don' t feel it s right that the people around me should suffer.
I am soooooo sorry, from the bottom of my heart. I am struggling right now, I don' t mean to be so self-absorbed, but I have had to find ways to keep my hear above water,
My employment contract ended and I am focussing seriously on getting a new job. I forget about ' obligations'  to other people, like if I' ve said I would help them out with work they have. I feel overwhelmed. And my ex-husband is simply not paying my settlement which I desperately need now that I' m cash-strapped. I' m trying to pick up the pieces of my life and run with it, but I' m m aking people around me so sad and all I feel I do is disappoint them.
I' m lost. I can' t afford to see my psych right now. I almost feel there is no other way out but to end my life.
HOWEVER, I have to get it right and not a stupid freaking failed attempt (again) because that will cause more burden on the people in my life.,
I' m so sorry these people have to be feel so hurt and neglected. I want to go away but I want to do it right so there are no repercussions but a funeral to be planned.
Damn. I' m so lost!!!!!!!!!!!!! and tired and EXTREMELY SORRY to all the people in my ,life I keep letting down!!!!!!!
I don' t want to be involved in anyone else' s life because all I cause is pain and hurt and I promise I don' t mean to!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are dealing right now with the crisis of unemployment, anyone else who even slightly deserves your help in the good times, should understand it and not expect you to help them until you are secure and well again. Good people would be concerned about helping YOU with YOUR current problems, and would not be disappointed or sad about you not helping them with their probably less serious problems right now.

If there is a court decision as to how much your Ex should be paying, I think you could return to court and they could compel him to pay.

And how about getting involved with SADAG, the Anxciety-Depression Support Group until you can afford to see your shrink again ? And check out a local goverment clinic or hospital which could at least continue to supply you with medicines.

Call Lifeline - gather all the support available, to weather this storm

You can and should get through this rough patch.

Of course you don\t mean to cause pain in other people's lives, and it's your depression speaking and exaggerating the pain you think you might be causing. Deal with your own pain responsibly first, and when you are better, you will again be in a position to help others as you have in the past.

1