Posted by: Liza | 2009-07-21

How to prevent unreadable posts.

Do not leave the Subject of your post empty. I' ve seen this happening more frequently recently.

Could the site administrators change the form so that the Subject is not only compulsory, but that the post form cannot be submitted unless there is a Subject. There is a red star next to the subject field - which I would assume means the field is compulsory. Unfortunately the system still allows people to post with an empty subject field.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for the comments, which I've passed across to someone dealing with the forums broadly. I think its often a problem that programmers (a) do a re-design that looks cute, but without consulting the users ( in this case readers and experts ) and (b) without subsequently adequately testing the new version by dialing in and posting questions, trying to make all possible mistakes, to see if it works in the way intended
IO hope this will be fixed soon.
I think they fixed an early problem I noticed and asked about, that it offered by default ( the mistake ) the option of stating "Posted by" as Anonymous. Suddenly I was receiving 95 % of all messages from Anonymous, and wondered if South Africans had overnight become invredibly shy or suspicious, or if one person calling themselves Anonymous was experiencing an astounding range and number of problems. I think this has been fixed

Posted by: Dude | 2009-07-23

Reply to Dude