Question
Posted by: KELUO NWECHE GANOBY | 2010/03/22

HOW TO MAKE MY BONES STRONG

Please is it true that continous eating of bone marrow could adequately hardings my bones and therefore helps me to stay strong? OR Is there any other thing I can do to add to that method. THANKS

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Keluo
Bone marrow certainly will not help to harden your bones and is very high in fat content so you should only eat this very occasionally as it is definitely not good for cholesterol. Calcium in milk and cheese is actually what you need to keep your bones strong and you need to take in about 1000mg of calcium per day. The low-fat milks and yoghurts contain as much if not a little more than the full cream versions- so you can do this in a healthier way than eating bone marrow!

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010/03/23

Dear Keluo

Reply to Healthy Bones