Question
Posted by: lonely | 2010/06/29

how to make friends

been to a therapist and of no use. I do not have any friends and find it hard since childhood to make friends. I feel so alone. do have the odd work colleges and no one that I can just go out with and just share. do have a boyfriend. I go into deep depressions and sometimes cannot cry for months and then will cry for days and get extremely frustrated. I am angry and frustrated all the time. I feel unwanted and loose sleep over it. I have tried meditation, tried excercising, reading... all temporary only

Sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with one therapist- sometimes you and a therapist just don't "click" and don't work together well ; but with someone else it could work much better. Spome therapists, unfortunately, use old-fashioned methods of limited effectiveness, compared with more modern and effective methods. Get a proper expert specialist psych assessment, as there could well be a degree of depression needing treatment, as well as counselling to help you improve self-esteem and to learn how to make and develop friendships

5
Posted by: Eric | 2010/06/30

Hey lonely - do some research into Aspergers Syndrome  you could be a candidate for this condition...

Reply to Eric
Posted by: Maria | 2010/06/29

In addition to what CS said... try learning a new skill or doing volunteer work. Both things will make you feel better about yourself, help you to meet new people, and give you something else to talk about when you do meet people. Sign in a choir, volunteer at the SPCA or a children''s home, go for pottery classes, whatever takes your fancy.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: zan | 2010/06/29

true tht me...........u knw wht lonely am neve out of friends coz am always into new ppl just budging in wht keep smiling and greeting every one u meet............even odd collegues start tlking grl or u will be lonely for the rest of ur life o u can be friends with me

Reply to zan
Posted by: me | 2010/06/29

my mom always said that to make friends - be one! be the first to say: hi my name is... and make a silly conversation

Reply to me