Question
Posted by: Anthea | 2011-07-19

How to lose weight

How can I lose weight....Please help...I dont excercise, but I do take a slow walk everyday...My bmi is :67 which is double what my body can handle....Do you have any suggestions. I consume alcohol weekends and tend to overeat...I need help urgently please! I feel so uncomfortable!

Well, it's difficult, because your current mass makes it very difficult to start training. Honestly, I'd suggest supervised training, because the risk is much higher at very high BmI, and also there are likely other factors that make exercise potentially risky.

My advice then is to consult a doctor and have them refer to a specialist who can supervise. A biokineticist who does weight loss programmes. I know this may seem like a real hassle, but it's the way to start. Also diet, I'd invest in a diet - if you say that you overeat, then it's worth tackling the diet separately from the exercise. They're both going to be vital.

Medically, there may also be options worth considering, but that's for a doctor to advise on.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2011-07-24

Reply to fitnessdoc