Question
Posted by: Bond Girl | 2012/09/14

How to lose weigh with little exercise

Good day,
I am currently weighing 79kg and is 152 cm long. Last week we had a healthy day at work and find out that I am in the obese category.
I am trying to lose weight for the last 2 years but it not going so great.
My question is: How do I lose the 13kg with less/no exercise?
I eat healthy but the problem is I have no time to exercise at all. I live in Atlantis and travel to Bellville every day for work. Here is a detail as to what I eat and everything in between.
03:45 Wake up
05:20 in the bus
07:05 arrive at work
07:30 breakfast (Muesli (Granola) with a yogurt, always)
12:30 Lunch (will always be a salad with a protein in it, like today I am having a green salad with egg in it)
17:00 leave work
17:15 in bus
19:15 arrive at home.
20:30 on my way to bed.
I am awake 17 hours a day but have no time to exercise and I sit on my behind here at work the whole day...
Please help.

Dear Bond Girl
I hear what you are saying and it is indeed very difficult to still fit in some exercise when you have to work such long hours every day and spend so much time travelling. However if you eat so little and still don't lose weight then lack of exercise may well be a major contributing factor. I would firstly recommend that you have a medical examination to determine if your thyroid and insulin levels are normal. If you get a clean bill of health then it is important for you to add an activity to your programme and to eat something for supper! Skipping is a physical activity that you can do anywhere and any time with a minimal outlay for buying the skipping rope. If you can fit in even 10 minutes of skipping a day such as before supper, this will stimulate your metabolism and assist with weightloss. Start very carefully and as you become fitter you can increase how fast and long you skip. As regards eating something in the evening, I would suggest having low-fat yoghurt with fresh fruit or a vegetable soup with a slice of low-GI bread so that you eat something at night. Starving your body may ironically prevent you from losing weight! You need to eat a balanced low-fat diet and regular meals so that your body does not perceive that it is being starved and does not shut down its weightloss mechanisms.
I sincerely hope that you will be able to become more active and to lose some weight.

1

Dear Bond Girl