Question
Posted by: Fed Up | 2011/03/04

How to lose my last 5kg''s

Can anyone please give me some advise on how to lose my last 5kg''''s after having 2 kids (now 5 and 8). According to my BMI
I could still lose between 7-10kg''''s but I will be happy with 5. I''''ve been struggling with the last weight for about 1 year now.

I''''ve tried everything from low carb, to low gi, to high fibre, to
calorie counting, to point counting. I''''ve also tried some products,
herbalife, USN,GI Lean, slimming solution.

I think I''''ve hit a platau, I''''ve cut out sugar, bread,all whites, don''''t eat alot of junk food.

Dear Fed Up
I can imagine that you are getting frustrated after trying every type of diet and diet product to no avail. However, it is a great pity that you did not stick to one regimen for a long period to give your metabolism to adjust to the changes. Subjecting your body to all these diets and slimming pills can alter its efficiency and become part of the problem. I would advise that you consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area) for an individual diet prescription. Combine the dietitian's diet with a strict exercise programme (do at least 30 min of aerobic exercise every day such as brisk walking, skipping, cycling or swimming) and above all persevere with these 2 methods of reducing your energy intake and increasing your energy output. For your own sake, please stop chopping and changing, it does more harm than good.

1

Dear Fed Up