Question
Posted by: Leanne | 2013/02/07

How to increase quality &  quantity of breast milk

Hi doc, I would just like to find out how to increase the quantity and perhaps quality as well of my breast milk. I am currently 35 weeks pregnant and eat as much of a balanced and healthy diet as I can, I take pre natal vitamins too. My breasts are very small so I am just hoping there is a way to increase the quantity as I fear I will have to feed my baby every hour as I wont have enough. Are there any medications, supplements, exercises I can do to increase the amount of milk I produce?

Brewer's yeast should help but wait till after the birth. You may not have any problem.