Posted by: Helpless | 2009-08-12

How to help married daughter

Thanks Doc and CTmom and Kay in Gtown. I' m gonna try my best to get her to go and see a therapist. She' s starting work in Sept and I' m hoping that' s gonna help, as she' ll be away from the kids, etc. However, I know that she will stress in the morning before leaving for work, though I told her she must practise getting everything ready at night time, so it will be easier in the morning. She will also stress about cleaning up before leaving and/or when she comes home.

My granddaughter will be attending a great school where I am positive she' ll be happy. My worry is that she may get scolded in the morning before school, which is horrible. Also, in the afternoons..... this is just too stressful for a little girl of 4. I am travelling overseas by end September for a month to visit my son in the far east. My concerns are so much that I am not even enjoying the pleasure of what I should feel of preparing for this trip and the time I should be spending there.

Thanks again. Will try my utmost with her to see a therapist.

By the way, Kay in Gtown, as I live right next door to her, she is mostly in my house and I allow her free reign with her toys. She learns discipline though in helping to pick up her toys, but mostly later in the afternoon. My husband and I, as well as my mom, give her so much love because we know what she goes through. I pray to God to let things be better. Thanks again.

YOu're so right. Toys are for playing with ( why else would one have any ? ) --- and discipline is learned in tidying up AFTER playtime is over. I'm sure things can improve when the mom gets some help --- a small dose of obsessionality can be useful in life and work, but too much impedes her happiness and that of others.

Posted by: CTMOM | 2009-08-12

I think the work will definitely help. Have you ever tried to have an adult conversation with a child? Its frustrating. Once she is out in the world again, I am sure it will improve.

Can you help with the morning routine till its settled? Might ease some more tension in the house and make the transition easier because remember, a new routine does cause more issues in the first few days. You could help alot.

Keep us posted.

Reply to CTMOM