Posted by: Jo | 2009-05-05

How to handle this? (part 2)

Its me again. I posted here yesterday under Anon about my parents hating my bf &  i turned him down when he asked me to marry him last year. Well this just happened this morning. C my uncle(mum' s Brother) &  i are very close, he has always understood me &  he was the only 1 in my family that stood by me &  supported me in my decisions. I just found out that the family is phoning him &  trowing hate towards him saying that he has influenced me to move out &  he is breaking a mother daughther relationship. There never was a mother daughter relationship in the 1st place &  no1 knows that i spoke to him about moving out &  getting married. It so happens that my step father who i unfortunately work with has been going through my emails. my mum said things to uncle that were mentioned by me only via email. His in JHB so how could some1 read his. My mum has even told me she cant wait 4 me to leave coz i have caused this family too much of pain. I dont know how to explain this &  y they act like this, is there any disorder or something that they might have coz they not normal trust me

According to your description, your family, including mother and stepfather have ben behaving in a most unpleasant and underhanded way. Maybe one is not supposed to send private e-mails from where you work, but either way I doubt he was supposed to be sneaking a peek into your e-mails, unless he owns the company and they have explicitly claimed that right ( but that's a legal question ) There is no psychiatric or medical disorder that explains or excuses a group of people within a family behaving badly towards each other --- it happens sadly often, and is a matter of bad manners and p[ersonal unpleasantness, not illness.
From what you say, it might be happier for you if you can move out and away from them

Posted by: Jo (Reply to Expert) | 2009-05-05

Where i work every 1 has their own personal email add' s &  their own PC' s so i see no need for him to sneak around. I have told my boss about it &  made him aware. he did say to me that after my pc is switched off &  i leave for home, if he see' s any1 xcept me at my PC he will take it further

Reply to Jo (Reply to Expert)