Question

How to go back to shrink

How do i go back to my shrink without feeling like a complete idiot as she was vey reluctant to take me off my AD''s and I insisted. I am aware that I am going back into depresion and need another script to go back on , but am too embaressed to go back with egg on my face

Don't be embarrased. Doctors can advise, but patients decide. Either o both can make mistakes. No good doctor would want you to feel embarassed or bad. OK, the doc advised, and you hoped to remain well, and it didn't quite work out the way you hoped for. The issue is what is best to do now, and from the sound of it you need to be able to get back on medication - and the earlier you start again, the sooner this episode of depression is likely to life.
See the doc, and I'm sure nobody would want you to feel bad, but would focus on sorting out this problem. Indeed, the doc could at least feel more confident that you'd take her advice next time !

3
Posted by: Maria | 2010/07/13

My shrink says most patients change dosages and stop taking meds without consulting their docs. So yours will have dealt with this often before!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Lin | 2010/07/13

Don''t fret about it. You are only human after all. But try to listen to your shrink this time.

Reply to Lin