Posted by: CJT | 2009-07-07

How to get out

Hi All,

I am writing today because I am so sick and tired of my Fiance, We have been together for 2 years and have just had twins 3 weeks ago, Things between us were on the rocks when she fell pregnant and we decided to make things work, There is no cheating in our relationship however she is constantly unhappy and sulking, She does not work and was a stripper when we met, She also has a 5 year old daughter. I am an extreemly fair and caring person and have supported her and put up with more sh1t from her than there is space to write here. Bottom line is we agree on nothing, She wants kids sleeping in our bed I think its a bad habit, She does not help with getting routines going in our house, If i repremand her daughter she flies off the handle at me. Today she is sulking again and will probably ignore me for the next few days until I grovel and tell her I love her so much, How do I get rid of her, keep in mind she owns nothing and cannot even spell so chances of an honest living are nill

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear CJT,

How do you get rid of her? I sense a lot of anger here and I would like to ask you: what are you angry about?
I know already that your fiance used to be a stripper, doesn't own anything and cannot spell and she is also the mother of your twin children. We cannot know when we meet someone whether the relationship is going to last or not. Relationships, like people, change. There is no right or wrong, no failure, just changes and if changes within relationships start making people unhappy then one should explore the options that will make everyone happy. When it's two people it's easier. We can leave each in separate directions. When children are involved we keep a common ground for the rest of our lives and we have a responsibility towards our children's happiness. So, to come to your question of how to get rid of her? how about putting forward that you have noticed how unhappy she is and how unhappy you have become too. You both deserve happiness. If you can't find it together agree on finding it separately while keeping the goal and responsibility of making sure that your children will be happy and happier with two happy parents.

Wishing you happiness.

SADSA | The South African Divorce Support Association