Question
Posted by: Tips | 2011/02/09

How to get my mojo back

Hi CS,

I had a few successful businesses, but due to the Recession, I had to sell many assets and still have a lot of debt to pay off. I am getting despondent by the constant lawyers letters and threatening phone calls. I have read in the Bible that God is disciplining me, which I accept, but it has now been four years and I am feeling really down trodden and lack the zest for life that I had. I unfortunately cannot afford to go to counseling and have tried to pick up on old hobbies, but they do not bring in an income to pay my bills.

Any tips on how to get my mojo back?

Thanks.

Some of us just have a run of really bad luck at times in our lives. I doubt that you did anything so wicked as to justify God or anyone else being so vengeful. bad things also happen to good people ( in fact, if anything, they don't happen often enough, to bad people ).

2
Posted by: Gina | 2011/02/09

I doubt that you serve such a vengeful god. God is benevolent and not malevolent. If you''re making a little money, be honest with your creditors and pay them back little by little. The mountain will eventually decrease. There are free helplines which you can call. Your mojo does not sit in your wallet, it is in your head. Offer free services at your church /community and build new relationships - you never know where a job offer can come from. Excercise your body and brain. Get some sunshine to keep seratonin levels up. Talk to a friend. Keep friendships alive - true friends can drink water together and still enjoy the company.

Reply to Gina