Question
Posted by: Ditty Diet | 2010/03/23

How to get motivated

Hi.
I need to lose 20kg.Bad fam hist of strokes, diabetes, heart disease, arthritis.I am pre-diabetic and have high cholestrol.Every time I start the good old fashioned way (a proper plan) I start to eat choc.I know its psychological.Can''t xercise at mo - injured foot.Around people that have lost lots good &  bad ways.Started HRT last week.They say with taking cortisone, HRT and being insulin resistant it may be affecting my ability to lose.I think its stuck in my mind.

Weight loss sounds like an excellent idea. what motivates you to do anything ? If the idea of not dying unpleasantly and young, and not becoming crippled isn't enough, what would be enough ? If you don't buy chocolate or keep it in the house, you can't gorge yourself on it. Check with a good gym, htere are probably good forms of exercise you could do even with a temporarily injured foot - would swimming be possible ?
But you also need to discuss this, in context, with your doc, as combining HRT AND cortisone with insulin resistant diabetes, is not perhaps the wisest plan

2
Posted by: Ditty Diet | 2010/03/24

Hi Cyb
Doc and gynae know I am insulin resistant, Asthmatic and they put me onto HRT. Well known slimming clubs told me its very hard to lose weight with these 3 conditions (personally I think menopause is a disease) but after sleeping on it I intend to take it all in my stride and I am going to stick to the eating plan. I reckon a balanced slimming plan will take time but I have the whole of Winter to do it. No no exercise at the moment, but starting rehab on foot that may help burn off some calories.Thank you

Reply to Ditty Diet