Posted by: bee | 2008-12-03

How to gain weight immediately?

myself,24 years old and having wt. of 37 kg and ht. of 5foot 5 inch.i am a vegetareian .
i would like to gain weight at the earliest.
kindly suggest me what shuld i do?

Dear Bee
Your present BMI = 13.6 which is extremely low, so it would be highly desirable if you coud gain at least 15 kg. This is a great deal of weight to gain, but it can be done provided you are able to use milk products? You don't mention what type of vegetarian diet you use? if you can use milk and dairy products then it is possible for you to use liquid meals replacements such as Ensure to boost your energy intake. If your metabolism is very fast, then it may be a good idea to have your gp check your thyroid function as an overactive thyroid can cause pronounced weight loss and prevent weight gain. Gaining weight is just as problematic as trying to lose it. Basically individuals who struggle to gain weight do not ingest sufficient energy for the high demands of their Basic metabolic rate and/or physical activity. I have written some articles on this subject. For basic information click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Diet Basics' and 'Weight gaining' and read the articles. Companies like Fresenius Kabi and Nestle, among others, make meal replacement supplements Phone Fresenius on (011) 545-0000, or the Nestle Consumer Services at 0860 09 6789 and ask about Nutritional Supplements to boost your energy intake. You can purchase liquid meal supplements at most chemist shops. Talk to the pharmacist about your need to gain weight and see which products he or she will recommend. Basically you need to eat more food either by gradually increasing how much you eat at each meal, or by taking supplements IN ADDITION to your regular meals (not to replace meals), or by having more snacks between meals. If you use a meal supplement such as Fresubin, with or without fibre, at the rate of 200 ml 3x a day, then you should gain 1 kg per week.. Feedback from other Readers has indicated that they have successfully gained weight by using a meal supplement.

how to gain weight

Posted by: Aveshan | 2009-05-14

Guidlines and recomendations on weight gain?or methods to slow metabolism?

Reply to Aveshan