Question
Posted by: kv | 2009/10/13

how to gain weight

Hi there. I am a 25 yr old female, 153 cm tall and i weigh 40kg. My goal is to gain weight and be fit and toned. I want to weigh 45 kg and have more definition. I have been training with a personal trainer for just over a month (never exercised before this) and i am really enjoying it - i am still struggling to gain weight despite an increased appetite. What supplement/s can i take to gain weight the RIGHT way? Please note that i am lactose intolerant. Thank you.

Hi kv

It's all about diet here. You obviously have the training covered, which is fine, but if your diet is not providing enough energy and enough of the right nutrients, then your quest will be futile.

And steer clear of supplements, for now. Rather worry about the food you eat, which is 99% of the problem. Maybe a good dietician will recommend some kind of supplement (though I doubt it), but what they will definitely recommend is a good eating plan that should help complement the training.

This is particularly true if you are intolerant to lactost. So rather than spend the money on supplements, I'd suggest getting an appointment with a dietician and seeking their advice.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2009/10/15

Hi kv

Reply to fitnessdoc