Question
Posted by: Reda | 2010-08-22

How to dry up post-nasal drip (while breastfeeding)

Good day,
Recovering after viral infection (sore throat, stuffy nose). Used Beudaflam &  Illiadin.
Now have constant post-nasal drip with constant coughing (every minute). Would take Sinuclear etc. but am breastfeeding. Am beyond the 5 days of recommended Illiadin usage, so have stopped. What else could I take to dry up drip and cough? Keep on waking the baby with my coughing.
Thank you for your time and help

Hallo Reda
Try saltwater nose rinses - mix boiled cooled down water with a bit of freshly boiled water to get to body temperature, add 1/2 teaspoon salt to 1 cup water. Sniff it in and blow out until the water comes out clear - try to do this 2-3 times per day. If the phlegm that comes out is very yellow/green you may need antibiotics for sinusitis.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-08-23

Hallo Reda