Posted by: Hilda Scheepers | 2009-07-30

How to deal with a stroke patient.

My boyfriend was just diagnosed with having a light stroke. I am not sure how to deal with the situation mentally. He is very active and in good shape for his age, but I am worried about how he is going to deal with it.

This is something the pair of you should dscuss with his doctor / neurologist. Much depends on the nature of the stroke, how it has affected him physically and mentally, what he needs are, and so on. Discuss this calmly and frankly with him, making it clear that you want to help him, and need to know from him what would be helpful to him. We differ in what we need and want after such a set-back.

Posted by: Linda | 2009-07-31

i was diagnosed with that as well but am perfectly fine now, as long as your boyfriend keeps active there' s nothing to worry about.

Reply to Linda