Question
Posted by: PJ | 2009-03-27

HOW TO COUNT THE OVULATION DATE

If i menstruate on the 28th of every month ie: last period was on the 28/02/2009, what will be my ovulation date and what cycle am i - 28 or 30 days. i am trying to conceive for a year now. I know that i did have intercourse on the 14th/03/09 but i am sure i ovulated between the 9-12 of march cause i kept on getting this white like egg white discharge and it was quiet alot and for those number of days. By the 14th there was slight discharge so not sure at all. Please help and thanks

Dear PJ

Strictly speaking ovulation occurs 14 days before the onset of menstruation and in your case would therefore occur on day 14 or the 14th of each month. Occasionally it may change and ovulation may occur between day12 and day 16 of your cycle. In order to be precise I would recommend that you monitor your using the urine LH testing kits (Clearplan) starting with day 10 of your cycle.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: wetta | 2009-03-27

Hi you are correct your ovulation dates was from the 10-14 the 14 was your best day to have intercourse
Go into google and put in ovulation calendar and go from there they will show you everymonth when is the best times
hope it works soon for you

Reply to wetta
Posted by: mabebeza | 2009-03-27

hi pj to my understanding you count from the first day of your last monthly period, then on day 13-14 is when ovulation takes place cause they say the egg can stay in for three days from 15-17 day

Reply to mabebeza