Question
Posted by: Interested | 2011/08/11

How to check fertility for me &  husband? No kids yet

We are in our early 30''s are arent ready to have children yet.

We also dont want to start trying in a few years time only to find out there are fertility issues. I understand it gets more tricky for a female after 34yrs.

Is there is a way I can see for how much longer my eggs will be good, and the same for my husband?

Is this a common test in South Africa &  very costly?

Dear Interested

Your husband should arrange for a semen analysis. In your situation, a series of blood tests including the more recent AMH reserve test should be done to evaluate potential for egg production. Also remember a full gynaecological evaluation is always advisable and tubal patency status must also be assessed.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2011/08/18

Dear Interested

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert