Question
Posted by: Angela W | 2010/08/17

How to catch-up immunisations?

Hi, I am in need of some advice. My son had his immunisations at birth, 6 weeks and 10 weeks... he seemed to react badly to them at the time and it was a very traumatic experience for me at the time (I was a new mother to a very difficult colicy baby). I did not take him for the 14 weeks at the subsequent immunisations (which I do feel very bad about). The problem is he is now 4 years old and starting grade RR next year & mdash  do I need to take him for a catch immunisation & mdash  and how would I do that? Thanks so your advice...

Dear Angela
The best would be to take him to a pediatrician to determine what he may/need to take now - he may need to go for more than one vaccination as they won't be able to give all together - and some vaccines will need booster injections. It is better to give his immunizations rather late than never, but the catch-up schedule is rather complicated. See http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/child/2010/10_catchup-schedule-pr.pdf

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/17

Dear Angela