Posted by: Silly Me | 2008-12-01

How to

I havnt spoken to my brother in like 3yrs,if not maybe more.
We had a silly argument re.him and the ay he treated the younger ones and since that day i never spoke to him and likewise.
Now i would like to out this in the past and since its been more than 3 yrs not speaking to ea.other and in the same house im not sure how to make up.I was so upset because i wanted him to say he was sorry but in our household it dsnt work like that.
I guess that comes from my mom but i now realise that that is wrong.

How do i start speaking to him after so many years... its really awkward for me to even think about it but i would like us to start speaking again.

If one insists on waiting for someone else to say they're sorry, it can be a very long wait. Sometimes, if you yourself apologise gently, so do they. Maybe you'd like to write to him, e-mail or snailmail, as a first step towards meeting and talking again.

Posted by: CV | 2008-12-01

Hi Ladies

I can' t imagine that..... ( not speaking to my brothers) I don' t have any advice BUT WISH U BOTH ALL THE LUCK AND COURAGE TO MAKE UP. Life is too short , and i know at the time u must have been REALLY ANGRY AND HURT but look and how long it has gone on. It takes more effort to be angry this long than just to make up.

All the best

Reply to CV
Posted by: CM | 2008-12-01

I have not spoken to my brother since 1994 when we were separated (I was 14)...and this Christmas i' ll be seeing him for the first time... I am also afraid, to such an extend that i do not want to go......

Reply to CM