Question
Posted by: Kirstin | 2009/12/11

How soon can we TTC after cone biopsy?

Hi there,

I had my cone biopsy done 3 November and I wanted to know how soon my husband and I can try to concieve again?

I' m really hoping for January, but don' t know if it' s ok yet

Pls let me know?

Ta

Dear Kirstin

Due to the healing process a cone biopsy is approximately 3 weeks and you may safely thereafter attempt conception. However if the results of the cone biopsy come back as problematic example if the cone biopsy has not completely eliminated the problem or the reason for the cone biopsy is severe or pre-cancerous situations then it may be necessary to await your next Pap smear result before proceeding with conception. The best person to give you this advice would be the gynaecologist who did the procedure.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/12/14

Dear Kirstin

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility expert