Question
Posted by: Unsure | 2010/02/13

how safe is it?

My gf 28 only has 1 ovary + she ovulates / menstruates only every second month always on time. Wer' e both HIV neg + healthy + use condoms only for contraception. Would it be safe to not use use condoms during the month that she does not ovulate? We have never had sex without a condom + would like to try it.

please post your query on the gynae forum - they will be in the best position to assist you further.

3
Posted by: Joost | 2010/02/14

Which side is the ovary on, if it is on the left I am sure my friend Ryk can give the sperm lessons so they only swim to the right and end up getting lost. After that you will never need a condom again.

Reply to Joost
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/02/14

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Amy | 2010/02/13

one of my friends has one ovary and the doctors said she would have to go for artificial insemination to fall pregnant but she fell pregnant! rather let your girlfriend go on the injection or the pill or go for surgical contraceptives (if she can) and then you can have unprotected sex if you still test yourselves regularly for HIv and STDs...

Reply to Amy