Posted by: NG | 2009-09-14

How safe are antibiotics?

Hi doc, I am almost 2 weeks late my last periods were on the 3rd of August I was expecting it around the 1st of Sept. I' ve been having like period pains since the time I was expecting my periods they come and go. From last week my nipples are sore especially when I take off the bra. I went to the doc on Friday he did urine test and it was negative he also said I have a mild Urinary Tract infection and gave me Cifloc500, Rhineton, metazol 400mg and Doxycyc 100. I told him I also have itchiness on my VG. I need to know if these medications are safe in the early weeks of pregnancy because I think I am pregnant I am going to take another test by the weekend or next week.
Thanx in advance!

No these antibiotics are not safe in pregnancy. The pregnancy test would be positive by now if you are pregnant and a blood test is the most accurate test to be sure.