Question
Posted by: Elizabeth | 2010/09/10

How safe??

I am 52 yrs old and have controlled hypertension. How safe is it for me to use Ciplatrim???

Dear Elizabeth
I would personally not recommend the use of Ciplatrim for anyone who had hypertension because recent studies indicate that slimming products containing sibutramine (also found in Ciplatrim) increase mortality in patients with heart and circulatory problems (like hypertension). Discuss the use of Ciplatrim with the dr who is treating your hypertension and please mention the findings of the study. Alternative solutions are either to use Xenical or the DASH diet. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Food as medicine' and 'Hypertension' and read about the DASH Diet which was developed in the USA to lower bp. This diet is very low in fat and sodium which will respectively assist with weightloss and lower your bp. Exercise such as going for brisk walks would help for the weightloss, but please do Not embark on any exercise programme without first consulting the dr who is treating your hypertension. If the dr gives permission you can start doing the type of exercise he/she recommends.

1

Dear Elizabeth