Posted by: BABE | 2009-09-21

how relyable are the ovulation preditor kits???

Hi Doc, how relyable are the ovulation test kits(OTK), because i hv a 27day cycle and me and hubby done every test there is to be done the last test i did was the hysterosalpingogram, and all was well,we are both cappable of concieving, so now i use the OTK to see my ovulation, arcording to the tests I ovulate on CD15, but its been 3 months now since using the OTK and nothing is happening. we hv been trying to give our 5yr old daughter a sibbling for 2yrs now, what are we doing wrong and how relyable are they OTK, or maybe there are more test out the to be done??
we hv sex every second day and my husband doesnt take a bath anymore just cool showers and now that its wamer he says he'  l be taking cold showers.

The ovulation kits are not completely reliable but, in combination with things like the ovulation discharge, they can give you a good idea as to when you ovulate. Even if you have sex at the time of ovulation, it does not guarantee that you will fall pregnant though. I presume you have had blood tests to check for ovulation.